Imagine my surprise to receive an email from one of my nieces telling me she nominated our blog to receive a blogger award!
The award is a way to offer encouragement to fellow bloggers, and to acknowledge that the words they speak on their blogs are being heard. It is a kind and thoughtful way to say, “Good Job!” There aren’t any strings attached, but if you are nominated, it’s nice to share the wealth with others. Here’s how you can.
After being selected, you thank the person nominating you,
Thank you, Aquila! ( http://www.hauteintexas.com/liebster-award-nomination/ )
Then answer 11 questions they give to you.
Nominate 11 other bloggers whose following is less than 500.
Post 11 questions for them to answer!
Finally, tag your nominees and post a comment on their blog to let them know you have nominated them.
Here are the questions Aquila gave to me:
1. What’s your favorite post and why?
The one I wrote about my grandma, who died just a couple of weeks ago. I loved her so much, and it was a blessing to write down my thoughts about her – for her, and for our family. http://ourkenilworthhome.blogspot.com/2014/03/grandma.html
2. Who inspires you to write?
God. Through the blessings of the people He has put in my life, the gifts He has given to them and to me, to share with others.
3. What’s your favorite board game?
Ha! Trivial Pursuit – of course. Science is my best subject!
4. What’s your favorite book?
That’s a little harder to choose – I love to read so many things– but I have 3 copies of Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and I have read it untold numbers of times since I was a girl. Seems like that’s the one!
5. If you could choose one person to have dinner with, living or not, who would it be?
Always my husband.
6. Is there anything you would NEVER blog about?
Private sin – either of myself or of those I love.
7. How do you find the time to write?
I have to squeeze it in at odd times – and usually I am interrupted frequently to answer questions.
8. What’s your biggest tip for a new blogger?
Write when you feel like writing, instead of feeling pressured to do so because of how long it’s been since your last post.
9. If you could work with any brand, business, etc., who would you pick?
Lowes – so I could get as much white paint and trim as my heart desired! Would they let me, do you think?
10. Do you think you’ll still be blogging at 90 years old?
I hope I live to be 90! If I do, then to be able to blog would be amazing.
11. Finally, a Haute in Texas tradition, do you prefer pancakes or waffles?
I nominate these creative bloggers:
I don’t follow a large number of blogs, so these 7 are my nominees. Aquila reassured me I wouldn’t be cursed if I didn’t do anything else after she nominated me. Hopefully, that means I won’t be cursed for choosing only 7 instead of 11 blogs!
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. What made you want to start a blog?
2. What sources provide inspiration for your posts?
3. What event in history do you wish you could see in person? (past, present, or future)
4. What is your favorite meal?
5. What makes you laugh?
6. What makes you want to continue blogging?
7. What do you enjoy doing most in your free time?
8. Which is your favorite post?
9. What do you hope is the end result of having a blog?
10. What is your favorite movie?
So there you go! How you proceed with the thread is completely up to you! I won’t hold it against you if decide you’re thankful for the nomination, but don’t want to continue it.
Have a great day, Friends!