Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Catching up

Good Morning!

We’ve had computer issues, so it’s been a while since I’ve been able to get anything posted.  We also have been hard at work on several things at once around here!  So even if I didn’t have the computer excuse, I probably still wouldn’t have been posting much.  :)

IMG_8016

It has been a busy month or so here at Kenilworth!  Last year, we were so consumed with the house transformations – the big kind – that the plants were sorely neglected.  And there are a whole lot of plants!  I haven’t counted the rose bushes in total yet, but in the backyard alone, I fed 15 bushes a few weeks ago!

We have weeded and weeded and weeded the many flower beds.  Edged around the trees. Moved trees – I think 7 of them! Planted some bushes, and sowed flower seeds and garden seeds, and trenched Yukon gold potatoes. And I have moved plants and flowers all around the yard! 

The girls and I tore out innumerable (really, you couldn’t begin to count them) money plants.  They are incredibly invasive, and although they have very sweet, deep purple and bright white flowers in the Spring, they die by midsummer and have pale brown stems and gray-ish white “coins”.  So those are gone!  (mostly)   

IMG_8026 

But the flowering trees and bushes have been glorious!  And although it’s been a cold Spring, we’ve had beautiful skies and all the rain has made everything a wonderful green.

IMG_8034 IMG_8023

The kids are finishing up school things, but they’ve had fun rolling down the hill, crawling around in the grass pretending to be animals, and just sitting and reading quietly on the picnic blankets.

IMG_8002 

I am excited to show you some of the projects I’ve been working on!  So grab a cup of something good to drink and sit down with me for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment