Wednesday, March 6, 2013

A Graceful Lady

Lately I’ve been noticing how old some of my lamps look.  Since we don’t have extra money right now, and lamps can be expensive, I decided to do a lamp makeover.  This lamp in the family room just hasn’t looked pretty to me for a while.  I decided to spray paint it.

IMG_5913

I went and looked through my dwindling stash of colors and found silver.

Aha! That would do it. After it dried, though, it looked a little too silver, so I used an old rag and rubbed on a little gold rub-n-buff. I might have tried a glaze, except I didn’t have any. I had rub-n-buff.  Smile

And anyway– I liked how it turned out. The silver has a pretty, reflective quality, and that corner of the family room needed some shine.

IMG_6650

Of course now the old shade looked really old and it really didn’t look great with the silver base. So Glenn and I went to Lowe’s with our gift card – a Christmas gift from Colleen and Mick.  After we spent a fair amount of time looking at several different shades, Glenn pointed out one he thought I would like. He knows me well.

IMG_6650

I think the lamp went from washer-woman to Graceful Lady.

IMG_6661

 

I love the way something so simple can have such an impact. Don’t you?

1 comment:

  1. You are the rub and buff queen! They should pay you to advertise for them. LOL It looks really pretty.

    ReplyDelete