Tuesday, October 16, 2012

A Bed for a Princess

Several weeks ago, Mrs. Noot found this crown for me on one of her shopping sprees.  She knew I was looking for something like it to hang over Olivia’s bed.

IMG_3963

Of course it had to get a little brighter to match the girls’ room!

It took me a while, but I finally got around to finishing it!  Here it is painted, scuffed a little, then hung over Olivia’s bed.

IMG_4269

I had an extra picture which I was still wondering where to hang.  For now, it seems just right on the wall behind the bed.

                                     IMG_4289

 

Olivia is thrilled with her special new space.  And she tried several poses for me while I took a few pictures of the crown and lace panels.

                                         Presenting it!

                              IMG_4261

Reading under it…

       IMG_4260 

                                                         Sleeping (?) under it…

                                                 IMG_4270

I thought it might be kind of neat to have the gold show through in places under the white, so I used a piece of sand paper and gently rubbed the raised places.

IMG_4296

Mrs. Noot generously gave me a long lace panel she thought would look good with the crown.  So I cut it into two pieces, serged the cut ends, stitched ribbons about every 6 inches or so across the ends, and tied the ribbons to the frame of the crown.

 

                       IMG_4291

                                                         Voila!

           IMG_4298

I realized I haven’t shown pictures of the girls’ room for a while, so I thought you might enjoy seeing what we’re doing there, little bit by little bit.

IMG_4277

 

 

IMG_4272

 

 

IMG_4271

 

 

IMG_4286

See you soon!

1 comment: